Dad and I participated with the rest of Africa in a day of service in September. Our ward combined with another ward to clean the streets of La (a municipality of greater Accra). We also partnered with the local garbage collection company which is employed by the city. The group is called Zoom Lion. You will see a picture of one of their garbage collection "trucks". The Zoom Lion crew was fascinated with this church group which was willing to clean city streets and gutters for free. They were astounded to see 2 obrunis also doing the same. You can see me with a group photo of my new best Zoom Lion friends. In some of the other photos, you'll also see the deep gutters that line the roads and are used for refuse and sewer. This was mucky work - but everyone pitched in
How I Came to Love Being a Mom
-
(I'm a little embarrassed to be putting this here after not updating this
blog FOR A YEAR... that's right, baby just turned ONE this month!! But I
wanted...
12 years ago

2 comments:
I couldn't help but notice that your new Zoom Lion friends were ALL WOMEN. Every single one of them. Girl power.
Hi Sister Snow!
It's Tracy Friend, from KL. I was so happy to see that you're blogging - even though it says "posted by Dad."
Great job on the service. We are doing lots of that with our Youth here. It just invites the Spirit, no matter where you are.
You can see my blog through Erin's if you have a spare moment.
Post a Comment